North Carolina Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NCEDSS) is a component of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s initiative to move states to web-based surveillance and reporting systems. NC LEAD is a module of NCEDSS. NC LEAD provides direct access to clinical and environmental data and immediate notification to medical providers of children in need of clinical and environmental follow-up.
1. How do I add a new County NC LEAD user?
2. An NC LEAD user no longer works for my county, do I need to remove them from the system?
Yes. Please notify the NC LEAD Help Desk as soon as possible so that we can deactivate the user.
3. What should I do if I can't login to NC LEAD?
1. The child I have searched for is listed on the search screen multiple times.
If all of the information appears to be the same for the same child, what has happened is that the child has not been "deduplicated". This means that each laboratory result has created a new child for each lab result.
Please submit a request to the NCLEAD HelpDesk to "deduplicate" the child. Include in the message the Child ID's for each of the children as well as a brief summary of the need to deduplicate.
For example, the message may contain:
"There appear to be multiple instances of the same child. Please deduplicate Child Event ID #10012345 and #10123567"
Please do not submit any personal information regarding the child. Only submit the Event ID to maintain confidentiality.
2. I cannot find my child/ property when I search.
Be sure that you use the wildcard "*".
3. The address I'm searching for is an apartment or lot number.
When you search, please remember to locate the actual apartment or lot # instead of using the main address for the apartment complex.
For example, if you need to locate "145 Verde Drive Apt 14C" then search for "145*VER*" or "145*14*VER*" You may find numerous listings for 145 Verde Drive with different apartment numbers. Locate Apt 14C if possible.
1. What should I do if I see DEDUPLICATION in the Event Summary for my child or property event?
If you see "Deduplication" in the Event Summary, please alert the help desk via email by sending the Event ID. Please do not attempt to deduplicate. Deduplication involves consideration of a lot of different factors and if done incorrectly can cause catastrophic loss of information. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
2. What are the minimum system requirements to use NC LEAD?
NC LEAD User Manual (PDF, 2.3 MB)